About This Site
Yoshino Town, Nara Prefecture joined The Most Beautiful Villages in Japan" (NPO) in 2012.
Yoshino is famous for being one of the most attractive cherry blossom spots in Japan, but owing to its rich natural environment, Yoshino is not only beautiful for its cherry blossoms in spring, but also for the green verdure of summer, the blazing colors of autumn, and under a veil of snow in winter, showing us its splendour throughout the four seasons.
As a sacred place of Shugendō and as a town where the capital of the Southern Court once stood, Yoshino has many historical heritage sites such as temples, shrines and archeological locations. There are many other attractions in Yoshino, including traditional industries such as forestry, crafts, gourmet foods, and souvenirs that are not yet widely known.
Yoshi-note! is a website created by the people who live in Yoshino, or are involved with, or love the town, with the hope of introducing the hidden delights and ways of enjoying Yoshino to the people in Japan and around the world. The Yoshi-note! logo was also designed by the people of Yoshino who share those sentiments.
Please discover the lesser known sides of Yoshino from Yoshi-note! and why not plan a trip to Yoshino for your next weekend or your next holiday, for a trip alone, or with your family and friends?
We, at Yoshi-note! are always looking for new friends to join us in introducing the hidden delights of Yoshino. Would you like to join us in sharing the charms of Yoshino to the world?"
Writers and Bloggers Wanted!
We are looking for someone who can write about the “secret ways of enjoying Yoshino that only he/she is familiar with.”
- Someone who knows that cherry blossoms are not the only attraction and knows the many delights of Yoshino
- Someone who wants to teach the tourists that Nara (Yoshino) is better than Kyoto!
- Someone who is always wondering: “why isn’t Yoshino promoting this?”
- Maybe no one knows, but someone who knows a place with good scenery in Yoshino
- Someone who feels confident that there is no better person than him/herself to write about Yoshino, please apply by all means!
Transportation fees and rewards
- When there is a need to cover stories or events in Yoshino Town, we will pay the transportation costs.
- Contributing writers will be paid a fixed reward from the secretariat.
Click here for the application form
About the operator
- Yoshino Visitors Bureau (General Incorporated Association)( http://yoshino-kankou.jp/ )